Tuesday, March 20

Walkin' On Sunshine

On days like today, I feel like this oldie-but-goodie, Katrina and the Waves hit was written especially for me! :-)

From the top, my day has consisted of: an early AM, heck-a-funny episode of Family Matters; a delicious Waffle House breakfast with my mom and grandparents; no hassle at Nashville airport, including a window seat on flight #1; two culinary scores at Baltimore/Washington airport - Strawberry Nirvana Jamba Juice and Almond Rice Stix (which my gluten-intolerant best friend can thank me for discovering!); an unbelievable phone call just moments after stepping off flight #2; multiple opportunities to be a good Samaritan; and now, clearly just a bit road weary (please overlook the FLAT hair) hanging out in front of an adorable train station turned Starbucks waiting on the VBFF, officially kicking off two weeks of no-planning-allowed adventure!!!


With every breath I take, it is reiterated that when God closes one door, he swings others WIDE OPEN! Talking with a friend earlier today, he suggested that he sometimes has difficulty waiting patiently for God to speak; I am much the opposite. It often takes all but a billboard smacking me in the forehead before I realize I'm being directed. Luckily, billboards seem to be cropping up left and right!

Stay tuned over the next few weeks - I'll have (undoubtedly) plenty of stories about my adventures in New York, an announcement worth checking out, maybe a realization or 1,000,000, and hopefully I'll just be able to ad a bright spot to your day!

VBFF should be arriving momentarily… I'm thinking adventure starts with dinner!

Be Blessed,
Ashlee

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what all your up to. But I am so excited for you. Love the blog, and you beyond measure!- Keitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Keitha! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete