Tuesday, March 6

Happily… Just

After yet another incredible lapse in blogging dedication, I'm baa-aacckk! ;-) Truth be known, I've been missing the rush of a pen in hand (or keys under fingers) for far too long. As someone who wholeheartedly believes and incessantly preaches, "everything happens for a reason," I suddenly find myself with a fair bit of free time and a passion with which to fill it.

About a month ago, I was challenged to intricately consider and design my next five years of life. Nerdy, albeit, but I sink my teeth into any method of personal development, so when presented with "Where Will You Be 5 Years From Today," by Dan Zadra, I was eight shades of giddy. What is difficult to convey is how in depth I've been able to analyze my values, my goals and my actions through dedicating time to working through and applying what this book has to offer. Please don't misunderstand; I'm in no way plugging for the book or the author. I simply want to share the concepts that have hit home for me.

1. If you're not happy, Be Happy!
What on Earth is the point of dragging your feet through the muck of a life you aren't in love with? Though I know it may seem easier said than done to overhaul your life, it's far more feasible to pinpoint what you believe is holding you back or would spring you forward, and then target that individual aspect of life for the change that it can make.

2. Give thanks.
Within about five minutes of being challenged to do so, I'd filled two pages with names of people who have made incredible impacts on my life. Just as I have not managed to make it to nearly 23 years old without accruing a fair few important relationships, I would guess the same is true for you. Commit to appreciating those impacts; drop a card in the mail, send flowers, call to ask what you can do to help them. Say thank you.

3. Pep it up!
Walk a mile a day. Go camping with friends. Plan a weekend stay-cation adventure. Bungee jump. Commit to P90X. SWEAT! I'm proud to announce that since Thanksgiving 2011, I've lost 25 lbs! Those who know me well know that confidence has never been an issue, especially in regard to self image, so I'm certainly not advocating that every person go out and lose weight. However, if the whole world could feel as physically and mentally amazing as I do, the challenge to get up and do SOMETHING would be no challenge at all. Embrace endorphins; they are not a myth!

None of these concepts are earth-shattering, rocket science equivalent or even… NEW. They are simply a call to commit, and moreover a call to recognize that YOU should be worth the effort to make your next five years the best five years you've ever had!

Until next time, Be Happy!

-Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment