Monday, March 26

My Day with FRIENDS

I must give credit where credit is due… thanks to constant reference and quotation of the series, first in high school from Julie D. then during State Officer year with Q.P., somewhere along the way I developed quite the affinity for F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Lately I've taken advantage of every opportunity to catch TBS and MTV provided reruns, and link me to the bandwagon all you
want, this is some seriously great TV! (Granted, save Grey's Anatomy and a few other occasional views, I'm far more partial to 90's/early 2000 sitcoms than I am toward anything airing these days.) Alas, spurred by my recent heightened interest in the series that swept the nation, I thought it would be fun during this extended NY adventure to checkout Greenwich Village, where the series was largely set.
Gotta hand it to him, Q.P. knew right away exactly where I was just by looking at this pic. :-)

Along the walk from 42nd St. to approximately 8th St. (where I was officially in Greenwich Village) and then while mulling in Washington Square Park, I had some time to let my imagination roam. I couldn't help thinking how cool it would be to live somewhere like this, have five of my closest friends living with or near me, spend time in our routine "haunts," have a "usual" at a local eatery (if you're ever in Greenwich Village, I highly recommend Two Boots Pizza - be sure to try a Fizzy Lizzy!) I digress…

The longer I thought on this concept, the easier it became to see that a) there is no way I could limit myself to merely five close friends that I would want nearby, and b) I am blessed with one really eclectic group of folks to call my best pals!

For instance: some of my best friends have traveled the world, others barely step out of the county. There are farm kids with huge FFA backgrounds, sports gurus who've played at impressive levels, skilled culinary masters. Security guards, stay-at-home-parents, mad scientists, fitness lovers… Seriously this list could last all night.

I, for one, find that I am all the better for the diversity that this wide realm of camaraderie brings to my life. Though I am devout in my own beliefs and convictions, I consider myself open-minded, tolerant and able to co-exist with nearly all walks of life. I understand and respect that while we are each unique individuals, every life has something to offer another, and as my relationships both grow and multiply, I am ever happy to keep expanding my mind (and Facebook friends list) to include the gains to be made.

As blessed as I feel, there's no way I could fit my crew into a Greenwich Village apartment… but in the meantime, if anyone wants to buy me the compete season set of F.R.I.E.N.D.S., feel free. :o)

Be Blessed,
Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment