Monday, March 28

I'm A Big Kid.... Now?

Perhaps my 11th Commandment is, "When life is too crazy for comfort, fore go blogging," as clearly for the past seven months, I've followed this mantra without relent. Quick recap of life since the Kentucky State Fair = logged ootles of hours in MSU's Pullen Farm Greenhouse, stayed up all night with Bellview Baptist Youth Group, swam in the sea of Blue Jackets in Indy, survived a ridiculously cold and adventurous November four wheeler ride, jettsetted north for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, rocked out at the Judd's Christmas Concert, got stranded in Atlanta's freak ICE STORM!, line danced at The Wildhorse... That's a close enough summation. Alas, I'm back, with a vengeance! With less than two months to go as an Undergrad, exactly two months until I'm a bridesmaid for one of my best friends (with repeat of the same later in the year - similar concept, different bride) and barely two and a half months until I become a Yankee transplant, ideals of adulthood are fast approaching. Ready or not, here it comes! Find a job, buy a car, own a home, pay ALL my own bills, cook ALL my own meals... Peace. Of. Cake. Granted, this said as I laze at the college casa between classes, watching ESPN (GO KENTUCKY!) with the guys, debating on what to microwave next... Jests aside, with emphatic fervor I'm beyond excited about any and all that my life holds in store. I hear so many of my friends and classmates express anxiety over the "toils" of life to come, and I'll admit that with some of the leaps and bounds I take toward independence, there is a small voice inside me that sometimes wants to cry, "Mom!", but overall, I can't wait to "do it myself." A wise friend once helped me realize that while high school was a blast and college has been fun, God wouldn't have allowed us these incredibly long lifespans if the best years were meant to come in the first quarter. With that mindset, I've seen every year truly surpass the one before it, and if 2010 was any indication, the next 3/4 of 2011 is going to be my favorite adventure yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment